United in Christ: Preparing the Liturgy of the Word at Catholic Weddings
Click here for this book
United in Christ: Preparing the Liturgy of the Word at Catholic Weddings is perfect for parish staffs to provide couples with a high quality and pastoral resource for preparing all aspects of the Liturgy of the Word for their wedding. This includes:
- Full texts of the readings from The Order of Celebrating Matrimony in sense line format
- Pastoral Scripture commentary written by married Catholic scholars and liturgical ministers
- Reading suggestions for a cohesive and unified Liturgy of the Word
- Reasons a couple might select a particular reading
- Guidance for writing the Prayer of the Faithful with sample texts
- Full texts of the consent, blessing and exchange of rings, and the Nuptial Blessing
- Selection form to turn in to the pastor, deacon, or liturgist
United in Christ presents a focused and simple resource to help couples select the most necessary parts of the wedding liturgy. The commentaries explain the meaning of the Scripture text through the lens of the needs of the couple.
Liturgy Training Publications
Theology Faculty Book Gallery
Arts and Humanities | Catholic Studies | Christianity | Liturgy and Worship | Religion
Anslinger, Leisa, Jennifer Kerr Breedlove, Charles A. Bobertz, Mary A. Ehle, Christopher J. Ferraro, Mary G. Fox, Corinna Laughlin, and Biagio Mazza. United in Christ: Preparing the Liturgy of the Word at Catholic Weddings. Chicago, IL: Liturgy Training Publications, 2016.